Every organisation has managers. Are you the sort of person who can create an environment for staff in which they perform to the best of their ability?
Management positions are typically advertised as supervisor, team leader, manager and assistant manager and management is a skill rather than an industry sector.
Good managers can:
- manage personal work priorities
- manage people and ensure team effectiveness
- analyse and present information
- identify and apply risk management processes
- ensure and monitor a safe workplace
- manage budgets and financial plans
- develop a workplace learning environment
- manage projects
- facilitate and capitalise on change and innovation.